Dr. Barbara Mosbacher is a Houston psychologist who has been in private practice for over 30 years. Her approach combines a psychoanalytic orientation with an ecclecticism which pulls from a wide range of clinical practices, including family systems and practical cognitive-behavioral techniques. Best known for her work with adolescents, she is also very experienced in working with adults, families, and children.
- Graduate of the Center for Psychoanalytic Studies in Houston in Adult Psychoanalysis
- Post-doctoral Fellowship in Child and Family Therapy, Houston Child Guidance Center
- Internship in Clinical Psychology, Baylor College of Medicine
- PhD in Clinical Psychology, Purdue University
- Adolescent and Adult psychoanalytic psychotherapy
- Sexuality, sexual orientation and gender issues
- Major life transitions such as leaving home, divorce, becoming a parent
- Adoption, interracial, and blended families
- Trauma survivors such as victims of sexual or physical abuse, rape, incest, second generation holocaust survivors and PTSD
- Grief and loss
- Special Interest in Adolescence and Young Adults
Please call me with any questions you may have, or so that we can talk about the possibility of working together.